Would it be easy, or maybe "not too difficult" to setup Enlightenment
with FreeBSD which I am determined to get back into soon? Even possibly
use the Elive approach, or is that a specific Linux executable?

You can install enlightenment from ''x11-wm/enlightenment'' or ''x11-wm/enlightenment-devel''. But I don't know if you'll get the same experience as Elive. Quite possible that the Elive ppl have a bunch of customizations and integrations stuff of their own ...

Regards,

                                - Rakhesh
                                http://rakhesh.net/