At 08:42 AM 10/3/2007, Norberto Meijome wrote:
Hi everyone,
I have a load of .pict files which I can't seem to be able to open with anything under FBSD. I just want to convert them into something more useful (jpg / tiff / svg).

ImageMagick doesn't understand it, so i think this is the Packbits compressed .PICT filetype. neither Gimp or XV like them either.

file doesn't identify the files either.

Alternatively, any tool I can script under OSX to conver them to something useful? (FYI, 'Preview' under Tiger doens't recognise them either, but I can drag them just fine into an Omnigraffle Pro diagram).

One of these files is at http://www.meijome.net/files/freebsd/image64.pict

thanks,
Beto

Have you tried xnview?  http://www.xnview.com/

It supports most formats and will convert in bulk.

        -Derek

believed to be clean.