Siraj Shaikh wrote:
I am new to FreeBSD, and am trying to install it. I have tried to
installa on two separate machines, one a shuttlex xpc, and another an
IBM laptop. Both times, I proceed, create the partitions and then get
this message "Unable to transfer the ... distribution from acd0"....
and finally says "Unable to transfer all components of the kernels
distribution...."

I am installing it from a FreebSD 6.2 iso image burnt on a CD. Is
there a problem with the CD?

Any help on this would be great. Thanks

Siraj

If you're sure your CD and/or CD-reader isn't somehow damaged you can try installing everything through ftp. ( So select ftp with a mirror close to you when it asks for an instalation medium ).

--
-Frank Staals