On 2/10/2007, "Yong" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>sorry, I meant
>
>install openvpn in bridged mode - that will imply creating some
>devices, creating the config files that will permit to connect a test
>user
>something or somebody that has done it from point to point - till the
>moment that it is stated and user has connected.
>
>thanks

Hi Yong,

I did have this sort of working [I'm not convinced I had it 100% right,
though my friend claimed he was able to join my network and browse my
NFS shares] and then my server blew out a hard disk. And me without a
backup. Typical.

I don't think there are any decent instructions out there,
unfortunately. It's too darn complicated. That security fella Steve
Gibson did say he was going to write a good clear tutorial, but that was
a year ago and it has yet to materialise. I guess he's having as much
trouble with it as anyone. I think the reason it's so tricky is because
it's hard to test from wherever you are. Most people have just one
internet connection.

I can only advise doing what I did: read the online manual and try random
configurations until it works. :(

Oh, don't know how much help this is, but I recall you have to do
"ifconfig bridge0 create" and then "ifconfig bridge0 addm eth0 addm
tun0" as well as setting up the VPN server and remembering to kldload
the if_bridge module. Something like that at least.

Regards,
Adam J Richardson