-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Alter Ego
Sent: Wednesday, 3 October 2007 9:58 PM
To: freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject: How setup modem ZTE AC8700. It is no have driver for UNIX

I am very need to setup and work in FreeBSD 6.2 (for example)
 on my modem ZTE AC8700 (this is 3G modem)

Does the modem show up as a serial device? Can you give us a dump from
dmesg when you plug the modem in?

Chances are you'll be able to use it as any regular serial modem however
you may not be able to control the modem as finely as you can under
Windows (no configuring it to stay on one network, for example)...

If you can give us at least some output though, from when you plug it
in, we may be able to help you out.

Regards,

Paul Fraser // Technical Consultant // AUconnect - I.T. Solutions.
Evolved.
Ph (Office): +61 7 5551 0205 // Ph (Mobile): +61 405 341 905 // Fax: +61
Web: auconnect.net // E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

This correspondence and any related attachments are confidential.
Distribution, reproduction, or release (public domain or otherwise)
without the author's prior written consent is STRICTLY FORBIDDEN.
Failure to distribute any of the aforementioned without this footer
(intact and unmodified) is also STRICTLY FORBIDDEN. Failure to abide by
these terms and conditions can result in legal action.

If you have received this correspondence in error, or believe any of
these terms have been breached, you are requested to contact the author
immediately and take steps to destroy all copies in your possession.