Hello... I have three hard drives in my system.  One of them (the first)
is the system disk.  I'm trying to get the other two ready to be a
mirrored volume.  No matter which of the last two drives is last, that
one always is listed as "amnesiac" when I do a disklabel on it:

==============================
[root@archive 13:44:07 root]# disklabel ar2
# /dev/ar2:
type: unknown
disk: amnesiac
label: fictitious
flags:
bytes/sector: 512
sectors/track: 63
tracks/cylinder: 255
sectors/cylinder: 16065
cylinders: 3737
sectors/unit: 60036417
rpm: 3600
interleave: 1
trackskew: 0
cylinderskew: 0
headswitch: 0           # milliseconds
track-to-track seek: 0  # milliseconds
drivedata: 0

8 partitions:
#        size   offset    fstype   [fsize bsize bps/cpg]
  c: 60036417        0    unused        0     0         # (Cyl.    0 - 3737*)