Hi,

Question about patch numbers and applying patches:

Last night, I got the openssl security advisory, and this morning am starting to patch my servers.

I've always just done a "make build world; make build kernel; make install kernel; make install world" when I've need to patch.

Today, however, I thought I would just try to do the patch on the openssl libs as described in the advisory. I think it worked just fine, but my question is this:

How do I keep track of which systems I've patched if I just do a "patch < patchfile" instead of the whole world/kernel thing?

uname -an still shows 6.2-RELEASE-p7 instead of "p8"; I use this to keep track of which servers I've patched and which I haven't.

Is there a way to handle this?

Thanks,
DW