Frank Jahnke <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Mine are always heavy in equations and chemistry.

I had a five minute try of openoffice writer's equation editor, and my
first impression was that it renders equations very poorly. It seems
to do this even worse thant MS Word.

Since you seem to use the equation feature quite intensively, maybe
you have any clue on making the equation editor perform better.

For my personal use, I stick to TeX, but some people in my
surroundings are looking for a way out of MS-Word.

To those that might be annoyed by the topic shifting, I present my
excuses.
--
Cheers,
Michaƫl G.