On Fri, 2007-10-05 at 12:34 -0500, Andrew Gould wrote:

> Have you tried LyX?

I'm aware of it, and will indeed try it one of these days, but that is
not the issue.  I'm fine with troff -- I've used it for so many years
that I can get it to jump through hoops.  Time has passed it by, though,
so moving to TeX (or LaTeX or Lyx) one of these days is probably a good
idea.

The issue is the skill of the people with whom I collaborate, and their
inclination to change.  They won't, at least not for me alone.  This is
not a battle worth fighting.  You are of course welcomed to disagree for
your own case.