On Sun, 2007-10-07 at 10:26 -0700, Rem P Roberti wrote:
> Anyone give me a heads up on what needs to be done to watch YouTube
> videos using Firefox and FreeBSD 6.2?
>
> Rem

Snap from the  FreeBSD handbook:
(http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/desktop-browsers.html)

...<snap>
Install the www/linuxpluginwrapper port. This port requires
emulators/linux_base which is a large port. Follow the instructions
displayed by the port to set up your /etc/libmap.conf correctly! Example
configurations are installed
into /usr/local/share/examples/linuxpluginwrapper/ directory.

The next step is to install the www/linux-flashplugin7 port. Once the
plugin is installed, start your browser, enter about:plugins in the
location bar and press Enter. A list should appear with all the
currently available plugins.

If the Flash plugin is not listed, this is, most of time, caused by a
missing symlink. As root, run the following commands:

# ln -s /usr/local/lib/npapi/linux-flashplugin/libflashplayer.so \
   /usr/local/lib/browser_plugins/
# ln -s /usr/local/lib/npapi/linux-flashplugin/flashplayer.xpt \
  /usr/local/lib/browser_plugins/

If you restart your browser the plugin should now appears in the
previously mentioned list.

        Note: The linuxpluginwrapper only works on the i386™ system
        architecture.
...<snap>

You can also try out GNUs flashplayer wich you can install
from the ports collection. /usr/ports/graphics/gnash
You can read about it here:
(http://www.gnu.org/software/gnash/)

I myself run gnash for the moment. It's in Alpha version
so it's far from perfect, but I'm sure it will evolve in
a good way and I don't have to emulate linux.

--
/Peo