Elvar wrote:
Hi there,
<snip>
http://www.freebsdforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38765&page=1&pp=1 <http://www.freebsdforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38765&page=1&pp=1> which seemed to describe the same freezing I was having. One person mentioned setting debug.mpsafenet=0 in /boot/loader.conf and not having a problem since doing so. Well, I ended up doing the same thing and it's been about 25 days with not one freeze / lockup.

It's my understanding that the ability to even disable this has been taken out of 7.x, I only can hope that it's not an issue in 7.x like it is on some systems in 6.x. So anyway, I hope this helps someone out.

Hi,
What hardware is this? Sounds very similar to something I've seen too, if it's the samt issue I can confirm it is happening in -CURRENT also.

Could someone familiar with -CURRENT perhaps explain why this option (debug.mpsafenet=0) is gone?

Per olof