Frank Jahnke wrote:
On Wed, 2007-10-10 at 01:33 +0000, Aryeh Friedman wrote:
If you know neither and want to learn one well, choose TeX.
I think the only place *roff is still is used is for man pages.

Well, that's an overstatement.  I still use it, and there is quite an
active community on the groff support lists.  It is not as large a
community as TeX, but it is used for much more than just man pages.  For
example, the publisher O'Reilly has used it for a long time to set its
books.  Many of these are about Unix, Linux, OS X and various
open-source programs.

Thank you very much.