In <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, David Larkin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> typed:
> Dragoncrest wrote:
> >         I've got a rather odd question, but I'm looking for the easiest way to
> > determin how much ram I have on a given system without rebooting it.  I'm
> > sure that there is some kind of console command that tells me that info,
> > but I have no idea where to begin looking to find out.  Does anybody
> > know?  Thanks.
> use the command dmesg

It may no longer be available there. The dmesg at boot time is
preserved in /var/run/dmesg.boot. The information should be there,
even if it's gone from dmesg.

        <mike
--
Mike Meyer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>              http://www.mired.org/consulting.html