On 10/11/07, Aryeh Friedman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On 10/11/07, Bill Stwalley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I need your advice on how to update security patches for ports on a
> dozen
> > servers with minimal efforts.
>
> If the servers are homogenious why not have a single /usr/local and
> nfs mount it?

yeah, in that situation nfs mount will be easy.

My servers are in different cities, and the ports are installed with
different options on different servers, for example, some postfix use unix
login accounts, some postfix use courier authentication with mysql
database.  So unfortunately I can't share the same ports among them.