On Sunday, Feb 2, 2003, at 18:39 US/Pacific, Dragoncrest wrote:

Cool. That worked. A little more info than I wanted to sort through, but now that I know about that, I now have more information to pick through later on should I need any of that information that Dmesg listed.
At 01:02 AM 2/3/03 +0000, David Larkin wrote:
Dragoncrest wrote:

> I've got a rather odd question, but I'm looking for the easiest way to
> determin how much ram I have on a given system without rebooting it. I'm
> sure that there is some kind of console command that tells me that info,
> but I have no idea where to begin looking to find out. Does anybody
> know? Thanks.

use the command dmesg
If your machine has been running too long the boot info will no longer be available through dmesg. However, it is retained in /var/run/dmesg.boot. That will always show the boot messages from the previous boot.