On Fri, Oct 12, 2007 at 10:57:59AM -0600, James wrote:

> This isn't quite as simple as I'd hoped it'd be to fix. Here's my
> findings thus far (I haven't started writing my script yet, but I will
> later today):
>
> 1. /usr/ports/distfiles contains everything I need
> 2. distfiles contains several versions of some packages, but that's
> pretty trivial to resolve.
> 3. distfiles contains some packages whose source tarballs are named
> *differently* to the packages themselves, such as unrar.

A few more problems:

a) Not every port will have a corresponding tarball in /usr/ports/distfiles.
   A few ports have all the source directly in the ports tree.  This
   means that your point 1) above is not necessarily true.
b) Several ports have many tarballs in /usr/ports/distfiles
c) A few of the tarballs can be used by more than one port.

--
<Insert your favourite quote here.>
Erik Trulsson