Hi

Has anyone any experience with the Jetway Motherboards and FreeBSD?

My motherboard is a Jetway 7F4K1G2E-PB has dual gigabit lan (realtek) detected
as re0 and re1. I'm trying to install FreeBSD 6.2 Release, but as soon as it
tries to dhcp on re1, it freezes. I have to power off and on.

I've also tried booting an already installed FreeBSD 6.2 stable, but this also
resulted in a freeze when re1 comes up. It just freezes, no messages or
anything.

Somewhere on the net, I saw someone who said that it only happens after a
cold-reset. I've been part able to confirm this, but even after getting freebsd
up and running with both nics up, after a while it just locks up.

I've tried changed from auto-sense to e.g. base1000tx full-duplex, but that did
not resolve the issue either. I'm not entirely sure that the problem are the
nics, but it seems to point in that direction.

Windows XP runs fine, so it shouldn't be a hardware error. However running XP
is not the solution to my problems :-)

Does anyone know this problem, or perhaps (even better) a solution to it?

Thanks.

Br,

Thomas