On Sun, Oct 14, 2007 at 12:37:43AM +0100, RW wrote:
> On Fri, 12 Oct 2007 22:57:25 -0500
> Dave Curry <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Hi.  I was wondering if anyone had any idea what might be causing
> > excessive CPU usage by the rp-pppoe dialer.  What I've been running
> > into is since the 5th, the message "Unexpected packet code 9" has
> > been showing up every 10 seconds in syslog, the CPU usage is maxed, I
> > seem to be getting pinged by my PPPoE gateway every 10 seconds, and I
> > can't seem to find out what the cause of this is.  Have checked other
> > net traffic to no avail, tried compiling the dialer with debugging
> > options which did nothing, and any sort of insight that could be
> > offered at this point is dearly welcome.
>

> Is there any particular reason for using the roaring-penguin version?
>
> ppp in the base-system works fine for me, and it uses next to no
> cpu time.

Yeah, I had mistakenly compiled ppp without netgraph support (Just found that
out today), so I was using rp-pppoe.  Since I fixed the problem with ppp it's
not vitally important to find out what hosed rp-pppoe now, though if anyone can
offer info on what caused this it'd be nice to know for curiosity's sake.

--
David Michael Curry (Dave)
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

() ASCII Ribbon Campaign | Against HTML e-mail
/\  www.asciiribbon.org  | Against proprietary extensions