Hi everybody,

Following the instructions from the Handbook, I tried to set up the Java 
plug-in in Firefox. After the JRE has been successfully installed, the plug-in 
didn't appear in the browser. While trying to add the link per instructions, I 
found that there's no such a file "libjavaplugin_oji.so"; the path 
"/usr/local/diablo-jre1.5.0/plugin/amd64/ns7" doesn't exist either. There's a 
"/usr/local/diablo-jre1.5.0" with bin, lib and man directories and lots of 
files in there, but there's no plugin directory. The installation of the 
plug-in doesn't look to be managed through the port settings. I had the same 
file set installed via both port and package - no plug-in file mentioned in the 
instructions. The page http://www.freebsdfoundation.org/downloads/java.shtml 
indicates that amd64 platform is supported. I tried simple Java programs 
started from the console, and it worked fine. So, my problem is why the plug-in 
doesn't appear to be installed along the JRE installation?
Am I missing something or the plug-in isn't supported in amd64? Can anyone help 
me to fix this issue? It looks just strange, because everything found on Google 
was about proper linking to the plug-in file, but the file itself was always 
installed.

$ uname -a
FreeBSD 6.2-STABLE FreeBSD 6.2-STABLE #0: Thu Sep 20 23:24:38 PDT 2007 
root@:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/AMD64  amd64

$ pkg_info | grep diablo
diablo-jre-1.5.0.07.01_7 Java Runtime Environment 1.5.0_07.01

$ pkg_info | grep java
javavmwrapper-2.3   Wrapper script for various Java Virtual Machines

JRE build log can be found below.

Thank you in advance.
Andriy

=============
# portupgrade --new java/diablo-jre15
[Gathering depends for java/diablo-jre15 .......................................
........................... done]
--->  Installing 'diablo-jre-1.5.0.07.01_7' from a port (java/diablo-jre15)
--->  Building '/usr/ports/java/diablo-jre15'
===>  Cleaning for diablo-jre-1.5.0.07.01_7
===>  Vulnerability check disabled, database not found
===>  Found saved configuration for diablo-jre-1.5.0.07.01_7
===>  Extracting for diablo-jre-1.5.0.07.01_7
=> MD5 Checksum OK for diablo-latte-freebsd6-amd64-1.5.0_07-b01.tar.bz2.
=> SHA256 Checksum OK for diablo-latte-freebsd6-amd64-1.5.0_07-b01.tar.bz2.
=> MD5 Checksum OK for tzupdater-1_2_2-2007g.zip.
=> SHA256 Checksum OK for tzupdater-1_2_2-2007g.zip.
===>   diablo-jre-1.5.0.07.01_7 depends on executable: unzip - found
===>  Patching for diablo-jre-1.5.0.07.01_7
===>   diablo-jre-1.5.0.07.01_7 depends on file: /usr/local/libdata/pkgconfig/xi
.pc - found
===>   diablo-jre-1.5.0.07.01_7 depends on file: /usr/local/libdata/pkgconfig/xp
.pc - found
===>   diablo-jre-1.5.0.07.01_7 depends on file: /usr/local/libdata/pkgconfig/xt
.pc - found
===>   diablo-jre-1.5.0.07.01_7 depends on file: /usr/local/libdata/pkgconfig/xt
st.pc - found
===>   diablo-jre-1.5.0.07.01_7 depends on executable: pkg-config - found
===>  Configuring for diablo-jre-1.5.0.07.01_7
--->  Installing the new version via the port
===>  Installing for diablo-jre-1.5.0.07.01_7
===>   diablo-jre-1.5.0.07.01_7 depends on executable: javavm - found
===>   diablo-jre-1.5.0.07.01_7 depends on file: /usr/local/libdata/pkgconfig/xi
.pc - found
===>   diablo-jre-1.5.0.07.01_7 depends on file: /usr/local/libdata/pkgconfig/xp
.pc - found
===>   diablo-jre-1.5.0.07.01_7 depends on file: /usr/local/libdata/pkgconfig/xt
.pc - found
===>   diablo-jre-1.5.0.07.01_7 depends on file: /usr/local/libdata/pkgconfig/xt
st.pc - found
===>   diablo-jre-1.5.0.07.01_7 depends on executable: pkg-config - found
===>   Generating temporary packing list
===>  Checking if java/diablo-jre15 already installed
/bin/mkdir -p "/usr/local/diablo-jre1.5.0"
cd "/usr/ports/java/diablo-jre15/work/diablo-jre1.5.0_07" && /usr/bin/find .  |
/usr/bin/cpio -pdmu -R root:wheel "/usr/local/diablo-jre1.5.0"
136618 blocks
# Register the VM
"/usr/local/bin/registervm"  "/usr/local/diablo-jre1.5.0/bin/java # DiabloLatte1
.5.0"
# Install the plugin
/usr/bin/env PKG_PREFIX="/usr/local" /bin/sh /usr/ports/java/diablo-jre15/work/p
kg-install diablo-jre-1.5.0.07.01_7 POST-INSTALL
===>   Registering installation for diablo-jre-1.5.0.07.01_7
===> SECURITY REPORT:
      This port has installed the following files which may act as network
      servers and may therefore pose a remote security risk to the system.
/usr/local/diablo-jre1.5.0/lib/amd64/libdt_socket.so
/usr/local/diablo-jre1.5.0/lib/amd64/native_threads/libhpi.so
/usr/local/diablo-jre1.5.0/lib/amd64/libnio.so
/usr/local/diablo-jre1.5.0/lib/amd64/server/libjvm.so
/usr/local/diablo-jre1.5.0/lib/amd64/libnet.so

      If there are vulnerabilities in these programs there may be a security
      risk to the system. FreeBSD makes no guarantee about the security of
      ports included in the Ports Collection. Please type 'make deinstall'
      to deinstall the port if this is a concern.

      For more information, and contact details about the security
      status of this software, see the following webpage:
http://www.FreeBSDFoundation.org/downloads/java.shtml
===>  Cleaning for diablo-jre-1.5.0.07.01_7
[Updating the pkgdb <format:bdb_btree> in /var/db/pkg ... - 560 packages found 
(-0+1) . done]
_______________________________________________
freebsd-questions@freebsd.org mailing list
http://lists.freebsd.org/mailman/listinfo/freebsd-questions
To unsubscribe, send any mail to "[EMAIL PROTECTED]"

Reply via email to