On Sun, Oct 14, 2007 at 10:37:10PM -0700, Gary Kline wrote:
>       Guys,
>
>       Has anybody with any Dell run into this before?  I just got a new
>       Matrox with 32M of video ram.  Run with the "mga" driver, X comes
>       up extremely dark.  If I change the driver to the "vesa" X comes
>       up with normal brightness but the resolution is terrible.  At
>       most 640x480.  tHis could be a hardware bug;I'm hoping it is
>       just not having selected the right driver.
>
>       Anybody know what to try next?

        Update, and no-joy: i've added Modes lines, tried different flags.
        Still, using the "mga" drivr gives a dark screen; only the "vesa" works.
        none of the xorg config toools work.  The Matroc Millennium G450
        is brand new, so doubt it's the card.  The previous card had the
        same problem--way to dark--soI got this new card.