On Mon, Feb 03, 2003 at 11:30:23AM +0100, Anand Buddhdev wrote:
> I have installed FreeBSD 4.7 on my desktop, which already had windows
> 2000 on it in a partition. I also have a second IDE disk in the computer.
>
> Upon boot, I get the following menu:
>
> F1 FreeBSD (default)
> F2 DOS
> F5 Disk 1
>
> How do I rename the label for F2 from DOS to Windows, and how do I
> eliminate F5, since it is not needed? I read the manpage for boot0cfg,
> but I couldn't figure out how to do it. Or do I need another boot manager
> like grub?

Your best bet is to use grub, yes.  You cannot alter the labels displayed
by the FreeBSD bootloader (short of altering the source...)

--
Daniel Bye

PGP Key fingerprint: 3D73 AF47 D448 C5CA 88B4 0DCF 849C 1C33 3C48 2CDC
                                                                     _
                                              ASCII ribbon campaign ( )
                                         - against HTML, vCards and  X
                                - proprietary attachments in e-mail / \