On Monday 15 October 2007, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> You might prefer trying to tell your preferred CD-player
> where it can find the CD-ROM device, this can often be
> done with an `Edit Preferences' dialog.
> --
> Hope this helps,
> Michaƫl

Following a fresh install of FreeBSD 6.2 STABLE without
doing all updates.

After following the Manual guide on setting up permanent
symbolic links as you suggest and having the correct link
to /dev/cdrom I still have problems trying to play cds.
They do play and I can hear the sound too,, but most of the
time there is an intermittent pause after the track has
been playing for several seconds and then a skip to the
next track. Sometimes it skips to the next track without
playing any of the current one.

I have been and still do play music cds under Linux systems
and never had any problems.

any ideas?

neal.