On Thu, Oct 18, 2007 at 07:03:05AM -1000, Kent Hauser wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to find a gigabit ethernet card that is supported by 6.2 or
> 6-STABLE. The em(4) says it supports the intel 82573 chip, but no supported
> cards are listed.
>
> Is there a recommended card? The ethernet section of the supported hardware
> doesn't list card by interface, and all the ones I see are PCI not PCIe.

My recommendation is the Intel PRO/1000 PT Desktop Adapter.
(
http://www.intel.com/network/connectivity/products/pro1000pt_desktop_adapter.htm
 )

I have one of those myself.  It is a PCI-E x1 card, and works just fine with
6-STABLE using the em(4) driver.  (I don't remember exactly when support for
it was added to FreeBSD so I am not sure if it was supported in 6.2-RELEASE
too, but I think it was.)

Just about all other of Intel's PCI-E cards should also work fine with
6-STABLE, but I do not have any personal experience with any of those.

--
<Insert your favourite quote here.>
Erik Trulsson