Subject: RE: Evolution-data-server compiling errors.
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
CC: freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 12:50:12 -0600

Hi Lisandro,

just a quick note - use "reply to all" or whatever the equivalent feature is in
hotmail. Right now, you've only replied to *me*, not to both me and the list. I
have copied the list on this email, so in future just use "reply to all".

It's great that you're keeping the ports tree up to date. Are you also running
a portupgrade regularly? If so, great, if not:

portupgrade -a

Make *sure* that you read /usr/ports/UPDATING *before* running the portupgrade
and follow any relevant instructions.

--------

If you're portupgrading regularly, are you trimming leaf ports regularly? If
so, great. If not, someone else will have to recommend a best way to clean leaf
ports.

-----

If you're doing all this, try out:

pkg_info -Ix evolution-data-server

This will output a package and its version number. Now try:

portupgrade -rf <whatever that package name and number were>

This forces a recursive upgrade of that package.