On 2007-10-21 11:28, "Tuc at T-B-O-H.NET" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to upgrade my sendmail version in advance of upgrading to the
> next release of the OS.

Why?

> # cd /usr/src/lib/libsm
> # make obj && make depend && make
> # cd /usr/src/lib/libsmutil
> # make obj && make depend && make
> # cd /usr/src/usr.sbin/sendmail
> # make obj && make depend && make && make install

This can be done only if you manage to upgrade Sendmail sources and
their build-glue manually, by following *exactly* the same process that
Gregory Shapiro (our native Sendmail maintainer) uses to do it.

You are also missing some parts of Sendmail above, like:

        /usr/src/bin/rmail
        /usr/src/usr.bin/vacation
        /usr/src/etc/sendmail

The upgrade process used by Gregory Shapiro and the normal 'buildworld'
cycle takes care of all that and more.

Why would you want to circumvent it, and risk breaking Sendmail?