Erik Cederstrand escribió:
Hi!

I'm installing a small set of ports into lots of jails, using the DESTDIR support recently added to the ports system. Each jail contains a unique CVS revision of FreeBSD. I'd like to speed up compiles by using ccache, but as I understand it, I'll have to install ccache into each jail since the DESTDIR implementation chroot's into the jail.
Yes, probably you will have to do so.

Can I install ccache in each jail first and simply hardlink /somejail/root/.ccache to /root/.cache before continuing compiling the other ports? Or is that asking for trouble, since each jail might have a different gcc installed?
I have to admit, that I haven't used ccache so far, thus I don't know if it's just a wrapper before any GCC version or it is linked strictly or a specific version. If you compile ccache in each jail and set up the environment variables precisely (CC, CFLAGS, whatever you need), you must succeed. As for hardlinks, I don't know what to except in general, if you have to pull in something to a jail, I recommend nullmounting. This can easily be done with DESTDIR_MOUNT_LIST, take a look at the documentation of bsd.destdir.mk.

Regards,

--
Gabor Kovesdan
FreeBSD Volunteer

EMAIL: [EMAIL PROTECTED] .:|:. [EMAIL PROTECTED]
WEB:   http://people.FreeBSD.org/~gabor .:|:. http://kovesdan.org