About a week ago, I updated my ports, including xorg. Now xmodmap isn't running from ~/.xinitrc like it used to.

My .xinitrc is the same as it's been for years, so it includes the lines
if [ -f $usermodmap ]; then
    xmodmap $usermodmap
fi

After some experimenting, I find that if I run
$ xmodmap .Xmodmap
$ xmodmap .Xmodmap
...twice, as shown, in an xterm after X gets going - then my .Xmodmap takes effect.

If I comment out that section of ~/.xinitrc, then I only have to run
$ xmodmap .Xmodmap
once in an xterm. I would like not to have to run xmodmap manually at all, but have .xinitrc take care of it, just as it used to be before the upgrade.

Any ideas? Many thanks in advance.

--
Chris Hill               [EMAIL PROTECTED]
**                     [ Busy Expunging <|> ]