Tuc at T-B-O-H.NET wrote:
        I'd like to upgrade my sendmail version in advance of
upgrading to the next release of the OS. I was wondering if I
        I don't want to build out of ports because it is set up not to
override the base install.

I ran into the same problem years ago, with sendmail from ports installing into the /usr/local path, and creating two different versions on the same system, and generally making a Big Mess of itself.

But from some posts here a couple months ago, and reading the Makefile, I ~THINK~ it [the port] is now set up to replace the stock sendmail and install into the regular system paths.

I'm only like 90% on this, but hopefully someone else will confirm: I think the port will do what you want.

  -Rob