If you executed the command you claim you did, you're system permissions are really screwed up. You've changed ownership of *EVERY* file on the system to uname:wheel. My best guess is that su is trying to run as uname (setuid) and it's not getting the permissions is needs.

4th and long I'm guessing. You're best of to punt and reinstall. Can you even log in as root from the console?

Eric