On Wed, Oct 24, 2007 at 07:47:56AM -0500, icantthinkofone wrote:
> Svein Halvor Halvorsen wrote:
>> icantthinkofone wrote:
>>
>>> My naive question is, what is involved with creating an open source
>>> driver for flash for freebsd?  Is it a legal issue?  Or does it take more
>>> time than anyone has to give?  Or is it just too difficult to do without
>>> help from Adobe?
>>>

>> http://www.gnu.org/software/gnash/
>>
>> It can even play youtube.
>>
> Does that in any way answer the question?

Yes. Obviously it's not a legal issue, as it's been done. Likewise,
it's not so difficult as to require help from Adobe, as it's been
done without such help.

As I understand it, it's mostly a case of time and effort - working
through as many different Flash files as possible, working out what
they're doing, and implementing the support for it.

--
Benjamin A'Lee <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://subvert.org.uk/~bma/