On Sun, Oct 28, 2007 at 10:13:24AM -0700, Steve Franks wrote:
> Obviously, 'make clean' doesn't reset the configure screen.  Don't know why.

Because it is not designed to do that.

> I recall there was a faster way to fix this than 'portsnap extract'
> but I'll be damned if I can remember, and the ports section of the
> handbook doesn't even mention configure dialogs...

'make rmconfig' should remove a previously set configuration.
'make config' should display the configscreen again if it had already been
set before.

These are described in the ports(7) manpage (which contains lots of useful
information regarding the ports system - not least the BUGS section. :-))

--
<Insert your favourite quote here.>
Erik Trulsson