On 10/29/07, Gary Kline <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>         Well, I managed to hose my gnome config *thoroughly*.  Can
>         anybody clue me in how to set things right?
>
>         /home is now where /usr/home was before.  I have a dummy
>         acccolunt that when I typr (as root) kdm, KDE starts up.
>         But trying gdm (or automating this in /etc/rc.conf) gets me
>         nowhere.  I deleted ~/.gnome2 thinking that itwould be rebuilt on
>         my next login. Nope.  --i Also messed with the login screen
>         andnow I see a large daisy on the lower right.  There is a dialog
>         about my missing some files in /var/tmp.
>
>         Any/all insights welcome here!
>
>         gary
>

> --
>   Gary Kline  [EMAIL PROTECTED]   www.thought.org  Public Service Unix
>       http://jottings.thought.org   http://transfinite.thought.org

> [EMAIL PROTECTED]"

Have you tried following the handbook's setup tips again?

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/x11-wm.html

I don't *imagine* that'll get it, and you should make sure that your xinitrc
doesn't contain two copies of the line, but it mightn't be bad to start at
the beginning.

James