In <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, C. W. Talbot <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
typed:
[...]
> Screen displays:     very large X in middle of scree on a background
>                      of large white dots.
> I:                   ctl-alt-bkspc

Try pressing ctl-alt-keypad+ there, and see if it cycles to something
useful.

Of course, I'm guessing, since you didn't tell me how you got into the
X configuration process. That's not part of the standard FreeBSD
install process.

        <mike
--
Mike Meyer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>              http://www.mired.org/consulting.html