Joshua Isom wrote:
I recently bought a new LCD monitor for my computer. It handles 1440x900 and seems to automatically do some scaling(although buggy) to utilize the entire screen, resulting in a stretched, blurry, and cropped screen for the console. After some time and playing around, I was about to get Xorg to behave and use the native resolution of the monitor. When I run vidcontrol -i mode, only 80x25 is displayed for options, nothing else. The "option VESA" doesn't seem to work in STABLE anymore so I'm not sure how to be able to get better support. I'm currently running STABLE on amd64.

You also need

options         SC_PIXEL_MODE

in your kernel

--