really sucks.

I believe that's intentional, so re-running "make release" with
different CHROOTDIR values will produce consistently "similar" binaries.

I use LOCAL_SCRIPT to copy /etc/make.conf (well, /etc/src.conf) into place inside the jail for the rebuild so that I can build a custom internal release w/o certain subsystems (IPv6 or CSH, for example)

Is there a better way to do it?

l8*
        -lava (Brian A. Seklecki - Pittsburgh, PA, USA)
               http://www.spiritual-machines.org/

    "Guilty? Yeah. But he knows it. I mean, you're guilty.