Jerry McAllister wrote:
On Fri, Nov 02, 2007 at 02:29:47PM -0700, Yuri wrote:

I use vim both on Linux and FreeBSD.
On Linux after I exit vim original screen content is restored.
On FreeBSD vim leaves the last content viewed in vim.

How do I make vim preserve the screen?

I don't know how to do that, but it is one Lunix (bash?) feature
that I hate and would like to know how to change it to function
the way it does under FreeBSD (tcsh).

////jerry

Thanks,
Yuri

I believe the save/restore functionality is specified via /etc/termcap; there was a thread about it a few months ago - see http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-current/2007-July/075665.html for more information.

--
Bruce