Noah wrote:

Kris Kennaway wrote:
Noah wrote:
thanks Kris,

something must be wrong then. I am running into problems rebuilding apache now and see undefined references from /usr/local/lib/libstdc++.so.5 during the build:

It looks like you have added a Linux libstdc++ library which is why it is failing to resolve other Linux symbols and libraries. No linux ports should be putting them in /usr/local/lib though, so maybe you or someone else did this manually.

thanks Kris,

I am checking with the other admin. In the meantime it wouldnt hurt to move the library /usr/local/lib/libstdc++.so.5 out of there, right?

Probably not. The question is whether other bogus libraries were also added there to cause more problems later. The pkg_which manpage has an example command you can run to try and track down extra files that were not installed by any packages.

also I just performed a 'pkgdb -Faf' and I am seeing the following grep problems:

Stale dependency: irssi-0.8.12 -> openssl-0.9.8g (security/openssl):
grep: : No such file or directory
grep: : No such file or directory
"/usr/ports/Mk/bsd.openssl.mk", line 131: warning: "grep "^lib/libssl.so." """ returned non-zero status

Looks like maybe part of the OpenSSL installation was deleted (it should live in /usr/lib), so you should either reinstall world or install the openssl port.

Kris