Quoting RW <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

On Mon, 05 Nov 2007 14:53:48 +1300
Brett Davidson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

ie. If I had a particular version of the ports tree on a server, how
could I check to see if any of the programs in that tree were
actually installed?

Is there a simple command or sequence of commands to do this?

see pkg_version[1]

after i update my ports, and i want to see what currently needs to be updated:

pkg_version -v|grep needs

this will give you a run down of everything that has a newer version in your ports tree.
--
Jonathan Horne
http://dfwlpiki.dfwlp.org