Quoting Erik Cederstrand <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

Should be tag=RELENG_6_2

That should suffice.

This assumes you're already running 6.2. As long as you don't switch
branches (or choose a date before the branch occurred!), you should be
good to go.

Erik

i would agree with erik's advice, as IMO its quite sound (when it comes to operating a server as opposed to a desktop). however, i would add this detail so that there can be some what and why to go with it:

RELENG_6_2 will take you to 6.2-RELEASE-p8. it *will* be back in time, but it will be only 'critical' patches since the intial 6.2-RELEASE.

IMO, (and forgive me, i generally dont spew my opinions where they arent welcome or asked for), RELENG_6_2 is better for a server over RELENG_6 (aka, -STABLE), as it doesnt include items that are not critically required for secure and stable operation. remember, that the true -STABLE branch has items merged in from -CURRENT (call it back-ported?).

let say, you already know that -p8 is the latest 6.2 revision. you get on a server, you log in, and it says 6.2-RELEASE-p8. you already know that this system is up to date. if you log in, and see 6.2-STABLE... you dont immediately know when this system was last rebuilt without doing some other version checks first. i have to be honest, when it comes to managing a farm full of servers, i like my "visual version checks"... the same way i like my women:

easy.

cheers,
--
Jonathan Horne