Jay Aikat wrote:

Thanks for your response. Yes, unfortunately, the DAG software for the DAG card we wish to use on this machine supports 5.4, but has not been thoroughly tested for more recent versions of FreeBSD. We could use Linux, but I prefer FreeBSD.

I am exploring switching the PERC 5i with a PERC 4 controller on this machine (it's a Dell Poweredge 2900). The PERC 4 is supported in 5.4

Your other option would be to try the DAG software using compat5x port under 6.2/3 or even 7. Depends how easy and cheap switching controllers is relative to your time.

PERC 4(Di?) works fine in a 2850 under 5.4, but 5.4 is no longer supported at all, so no security fixes, so you'd better keep the machine well insulated.

--Alex