Hi--

On Nov 7, 2007, at 9:41 AM, Andrea Venturoli wrote:
iostat is also expecially interesting, since it can run non- interactively and I could poll it through cacti... However this monitors only raw da devices. Is there a way to get gmirrors monitored?

If they are visible as "drive devices", then yes, iostat can be passed a list of devices to monitor instead of the top-level physical devices it was showing by default.

Finally this gives overall MB/s, which is very interesting, but I'd also need to refer this to an end-of-scale value, in order to understand if the disks are working to their fullest (and thus are the bottleneck). Is this correct? Where could I desume such a value? (I remember there was an utility... though I don't remember its name).

  diskinfo -vt _device_

...will give you some transfer rate numbers, but note the BUGS section of the manpage. :-)

--
-Chuck