Hello.
I've got a couple of servers which I'd like to keep an eye on in order to check wether their storage subsection is providing enough throughput or wether disk i/o is their bottleneck.

I know how to check this wrt cpu usage, memory size, network throughput, but I'm totally lost when it comes to disk i/o. I can run top and press 'm': this will allow me to know which processes are using disk the most, but not wether I'm exploiting the hardware to the limit or just to a small fraction of what it can do.

Any hint?

 bye & Thanks
        av.