Hi all,

Can you change the timeout for a tcp connection ?
I need to do the following: start a tcp connection , unplug the network cable (it's actually wifi but the effect is the same),send some data over the connection,wait 20 seconds , reinsert the network cable and just keep working.
When you normally do this the connection will be dead.
Is there a way in freebsd to change this ? are there parameters wich you can set so that the above would work (20 seconds without network can happen) ?

If not is there a common way to tunnel these tcp connections over udp so that the problem doesn't happen. I found a perl script http://www.jankratochvil.net/project/tcpoverudp but it behaves kind off strange on freebsd, with this script I was able to get the behaviour I wanted.

Sorry for my poor english, this is very difficult to explain