Hello!

If anyone has successfully built xmlrpc-epi ver 0.51
(http://xmlrpc-epi.sourceforge.net) under FreeBSD 4.x, I would be interested to know
how. I'm building a server for an application which requires this, and so far
I'm having no success. In a nutshell, the build process bombs out with messages:

gcc -I/usr/local/include -o .libs/sample sample.o  -L/usr/local/lib -L/home/xtee
/lib ../src/.libs/libxmlrpc.so -Wl,--rpath -Wl,/home/xtee/lib
../src/.libs/libxmlrpc.so: undefined reference to `iconv_open'
../src/.libs/libxmlrpc.so: undefined reference to `iconv_close'
../src/.libs/libxmlrpc.so: undefined reference to `iconv'
gmake[2]: *** [sample] Error 1
gmake[2]: Leaving directory `/home/install/src/xmlrpc-epi-0.51/sample'

I do have libiconv-1.8_2 port installed and the build process can find it (otherwise
it would complain about missing iconv.h).

Other people have reported the same error at:

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=414397&group_id=23199&atid=377728

but no solution seems to be known...
--
Toomas Aas | [EMAIL PROTECTED] | http://www.raad.tartu.ee/~toomas/
* Laughing stock: cattle with a sense of humor.