On Nov 7, 2007 4:52 PM, Chad Gross <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> # mount /dev/vn0s1a /mnt
> > > mount: /dev/vn0s1a on /mnt: incorrect super block
> > >

> > You have to mount the device with 'mount -t cd9660' because it is an ISO
> > which is a cd9660 format.
> >

> Never mind I saw imagine and thought ISO. I apologize, this should
> hopefully help:
> http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/disks-virtual.html

thanks, but no, it doesn't help.  i made this image by doing dd if=/dev/ad0
of=some.file, but i haven't yet found the magic incantation for being able
to mount the filesystems.

if i ever get some free time i am going to have to open the box up, attach a
real hard disk and try dd'ing the image back onto the disk at least long
enough to get the important files out of it.

-jsd-