Well, at last I think it's botched. I really was following the directions
(I have the script file as UPDATING suggests to prove it :-), but the
upgrade didn't work as the X server failed to start after I rebooted. I'm
hoping some kind person here will know the answer before I e-mail the list
mentioned in that section of UPDATING. Anyway, that's basically, what
happened. I have kdm set to start on bootup and it complained that X failed
When I got to the point of "portupgrade -aP" in the UPDATING section for
X.org 6.9 -> 7.2; I decided to go with that command instead of "portupgrade
-a" thinking that by now, even for amd64, the packages would be available.
Perhaps a bad assumption. Anyway, once that completed, the stats reported
by portupgrade were disconcerting but I thought that it was ok and
continued. portupgrade reported that only 2 packages were porcessed, most
were ignored with 50 some skipped and 1 failed.
I then proceeded to the mergebase.sh script, ran that and when I was
satisfied that all was done as expected, I rebooted my machine. Well,
that's when X failed to start. So, how would I go about correcting this
firstname.lastname@example.org mailing list
To unsubscribe, send any mail to "[EMAIL PROTECTED]"