Andrey Shuvikov wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to figure out port dependencies on my (freshly installed)
> FreeBSD 7.0. For example, I have two automake ports:
>
> $ pkg_info | grep automake-1
> automake-1.5_4,1    GNU Standards-compliant Makefile generator (1.5)
> automake-1.6.3      GNU Standards-compliant Makefile generator (1.6)
These particular ports are special, I don't think any port should list
them as RUN_DEPENDS, but rather as BUILD_DEPENDS.

So to answer your question, no, you don't need them. But if you were to
recompile things, they would need to be built again.

You should look at the automake-wrapper port.

ade@ and des@ have done loads of work with the autotools.

Philip M. Gollucci ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
o:703.549.2050x206
Senior System Admin - Riderway, Inc.
http://riderway.com / http://ridecharge.com
1024D/EC88A0BF 0DE5 C55C 6BF3 B235 2DAB  B89E 1324 9B4F EC88 A0BF

Work like you don't need the money,
love like you'll never get hurt,
and dance like nobody's watching.