Gary Kline wrote:
        This is what is in my ~/.xsession-errors file:

(process:1038): Gtk-WARNING **: This process is currently running setuid
or setgid.
<snip>
file '/var/tmp/gconfd-kline/lock/ior' not opened successfully, no gconfd
located: No such file or directory)
Can't remove file (null): Bad address
gconf-sanity-check-2 did not pass, logging back out
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/home/kline#
        Clues, people?? I'm plumb out of ideas.

        gary

Hi Gary.

Your username is "kline" and the system's name is also kline? Which would make you [EMAIL PROTECTED] Perhaps the system doesn't like this kind of thing. Is it possible that "kline" is some sort of reserved word (eg. k-line)?

Does it still fail if you change to another user, perhaps "garyk"?

HtH,
Adam J Richardson