Kelly Martin wrote:
On Nov 9, 2007 10:41 AM, Kris Kennaway <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
This looks pretty suspicious to me, I'd guess your hardware has failed.

This same hardware has run OpenBSD for years.

Not really relevant. When something makes the transition from "working" to "broken" there will be a first time when it fails. No-one wants to believe it is happening to them, but hardware fails *all the time*.

> Not sure how to track
down a hardware failure, unfortunately.

There is plenty of documentation online about this (also hundreds of discussions in the archives), but it basically involves making use of the modularity of your PC to swap out components and attempt to isolate the fault.

Kris