openssl 0.9.7e-p1 25 Oct 2004

I have not been able to find an answer to this question on Google, so I figured
I had better ask it here.

In the '/etc/ssl/openssl.cnf' file, there is an entry for:

    RANDFILE    = $dir/private/.rand    # private random number file

Well, that file does not exist. I cannot find it anywhere on my system and I
have not been able to figure out how to create it.

Also, where could I locate some information on the 'openssl.cnf' file. There
does not appear to be a 'man' page for it. I would like some more information
on what all of the settings mean and possibly how to set them for my particular
needs.

Thanks!

--
White Hat